If you have never been to a massage therapist before, there are certain things that you might interest you, in order to know what to expect. We have summed these things up for you.
Every client is different and comes to us for various reasons. This is why we have to make a preliminary assessment before starting any massage session. This assessment consists of some key points:
- First of all, we will ask you questions to better determine the overall health and or wellness goals of your massage therapy.
- These questions could be regarding your physical condition/medical history, about the lifestyle that you lead and the stress levels that you have to face, as well as whether or not you experience physical pain or take any medication etc.
- All of the information that you provide us with will be extremely helpful in structuring your massage session and achieving the best results.
After determining what the goal of the session is, preparations should be made:
- You should get undressed to a certain level, depending on what type of massage you need. Please note, that you will only have to remove the clothing items that you are comfortable removing and naturally, we will not be in the room, while you undress.
- We provide fresh linen and sheets or towels for your convenience. You should lie on the massage table under the sheet or towel, which will have the purpose of covering your body, except, of course, for the part that is being massaged.
- If you require mobile massage services, the massage session will be done with the help of our portable massage table. In some cases (for example, if you are at your workplace) you remain dressed and we will not use oils or lotions when massaging you.
The details for relaxation:
In pursuance of making you feel as comfortable as possible we will offer you the following:
- If you are the type of person, who enjoys music and finds it relaxing, you can choose to listen to music, while you are being massaged.
- The massage table is constructed in a way that allows you to lie comfortably, and we will make sure that you have everything you need to relax.
- Nonetheless, if you feel uncomfortable at any time during your appointment, if you find music/talking distracting, or if there is anything else bothering you, you just have to let us know and we will tend to the matter immediately.
The actual massage therapy:
We use massage oils and lotions to aid the massaging process. Before applying them, we will inform you about their type. If you are allergic to the oils or lotions, that we are planning to use, please tell us.
In accordance with the type of the massage that you need, we will either massage your full body (except the private areas) or the specific body part that needs our care.
- You will not have to do anything, except trying to lie relaxed and breathe normally.
- A massage session usually takes between 30 and 90 minutes, again depending on its type.
- After the session is over, we will ask you to get up slowly and allow you to get dressed in privacy.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the massage therapy, feel free to contact us anytime. We will gladly answer your inquiries.